| Three stickers. Chocolate in hand. |
Josh called my cell phone Tuesday night as I was walking in the back door to let me know that Hudson, my fabulous shocking little man, went on the potty. I was floored. Josh and I made a SUPER big deal of the whole event, doing little cheers and dancy moves. Hudson was very pleased with himself and our antics. I introduced him to his Handy Manny underwear which he wanted to put on immediately.
Since he had school on Wednesday, I just returned to our normal routine with diapers, etc. I don’t want to push him on this, but feel like this might be our shining moment. Yesterday evening, I started pumping him full of juice and got him naked. He came to me and told me he had to pee and so I sat him down on the chair and he went again! Hallelujah!
| Nice pants. |
Turns out the kid is quite into the rewards system. After he goes he gets to wear Handy Manny undies, gets one piece of chocolate, and gets a sticker. I swear that he only went potty again (THREE more times last night) for those things.
He loves the chocolate; I love that I captured his first wedgie on “film”.
(Deep sigh)
| Running towards the front doors. |
Our other landmark issue yesterday was the first day of nursery school. It was pretty terrible. To be concise (as I can be), it started off fantastic. He was excited. He liked the toys. I took pictures of a very happy boy. Then Mama left.
To be fair, his two best buddies in the class, KK and Vivi, were having meltdowns of mammoth proportions. Hudson is extremely clued into when others are upset. So, let us add that to the fact that I did not say goodbye to him and just vanished, plus the fact that he was up at 4 a.m. yesterday (who knows why), PLUS the reality that this was a strange place to be and we get Mr. Hudson who had his own crying fest.
So bad that the teacher called me to come in and console.
Holy crap.
So, I did. And eventually I left again. To which he howled so horribly that I, sitting on the floor outside the classroom door, cried myself.
Finally, I went back to the workout track on the second floor of the school building and tried to keep a’goin. But then went back downstairs to find the director carrying him down the hallway as he said, “Mama? Mama? Mama?” Needless to say, I spent the rest of the first “class” in the same room, sitting on a chair, desperately trying not to give into his persistent “hold you?” requests.
Life is an adventure alright. Every single moment.
| Minutes later---a total mess. |
1 comment:
I sat with Bekah for the first few days. She still has days of tears at drop off but it slowly but surely got better. It feels like forever but will pass quickly. Now, it's a little sad when she says, "See ya Mama. Gotta' go."
Post a Comment