| Up up up, Aunt Ash-ee! |
Make no mistakes, life has been good here. But it feels as if lately life has been about maintaining or surviving, you know? Something within me just needed shaken up. Nothing a weekend with family can't fix!
In efforts to celebrate "Poppa Beer" and "Granma Janet"'s anniversary, we headed to Ohio. It was a fantastic fall weekend. I have a whole slew of pictures from our time there, but I am a big fan of these two of Hudson with my brother and sister. It is really cool to see how my siblings approach little man.
There is no profound reality to this blog. The weekend, in addition to re-energizing me, also made me a bit thoughtful and teary about how adult everyone has become. (Yes, Adam, even you.) Maybe it is just the "Big Sis" in me coming out, but I appreciate everything my little brothers and sister have brought to my life: their perspectives, their interests, their uniqueness.
| Uncle Ad-um, I have rhythm too! |
Months ago, Josh and I had the difficult task of selecting the best caregiver for Hudson if we were to need one. Comfortingly and somehow surprisingly my brother, David, and sister-in-law, Jessica, were our choice. Comforting in that our little man would be with family if need be and suprising that my little baby brother was not just qualified, but our leading choice. I find it weird enough that I am a grown up! Now everyone is.
I will readily share that an important factor in our hope to have another baby is to give Hudson the gift of a sibling. They are sure meaningful to Josh and I.
So anyway, Hudson, you are one lucky little guy. Uncle Adam can teach how to psychoanalyze everything; Aunt Ashlee can teach you how to have poise and be a leader (but NOT how to drive); Uncle David can teach you about guitars and guns; Aunt Jessica can teach you fun games and silly songs; and Aunt Betsy is just dying to teach you some bad words.
No comments:
Post a Comment