Tuesday, September 14, 2010

If Mothers Ruled the World part I

This world was not designed by women. Case in point: gender biased hair removal. Much less was this world designed by mothers. I am confident this blogpost will be incomplete at best, and readers will have a wealth of ideas to contribute. Regardless, I feel compelled to share some of my woes at the moment...

More pictures from apple picking tomorrow.

 If the world was created by mothers, my CVS pharmacy drive thru would offer French fries (after all that is what little man "orders" when we visit)

While we are at it, most stores --especially grocery-- would have drive thrus (here I stupidly thought working from home would allow me to accomplish this task during the day. HA).

Or my grocery store would have at least 20 of those race-car carts (seriously, do they just have one? And do they EVER clean it???)

And every mall entrance would be handicapped to accommodate stroller moms (cause a girl has got to walk somewhere when it is cold out).

If the world was designed by mothers, backseats would be soundproof (I guarantee car sales would sky ROCKET if some automaker did this).

And my auto-complete texting feature on my cell phone would have the words STORYTIME and NAPTIME built in. As in, "Dnot call...NAPTIME."

I know mothers do not run the world because they make toddler shoes with laces instead of the much more intelligent VELCRO.

These are not "real" stresses, I know but mostly speed bumps of my life here with Mister 25-Months-Old!

4 comments:

mistymadisonjo said...

Oh my gosh, I think this list could go on and on.

Christina said...

How about drive-thru post offices? It's not fun to take ALL three kids (5-years, 2-years and 8-weeks) into a post office just to purchase a couple sheets of stamps.

And you're right.....the list could go on and on and on and on.....!! :) :)

Macey said...

If Mom's ruled the world, the drive-thru at McDonalds would have a touch pad ordering system so you didn't have to speak and potentially wake up a sleeping child just to get a drink and a small fry! And, playgrounds would not be surrounded by annoying wood chips that get stuck in little sandals and make it impossible to play (seriously they can't burn down some tires and recycle a little!). As others have said, the list could go on. Good post :o)

ladyanderson said...

Oooh- Our Grocery Store here has online ordering and pickup. It's crazy! But awesome..