Two of us in this house are pregnant.
Hudson is too. Just ask him.

He showed his pediatrician this morning HIS belly when she asked where the baby was. And he has been kind of moody. And obsessed with pickles. (Yes, the 'signs' stop there.) I love listening to him say that he is going to have a "little brover". Speaking of which, this finding out the gender thing has been so FUN! With Hudson, we did not know and it made his birth day so special. I would not change that for the world. (And still advocate that all couples not find out gender with their first because you get the best loot at your baby showers when people have to buy the STUFF you need and not the CLOTHES!) However, when the baby comes, it is just one big list of statistics: boy or girl? name? weight? healthy details, etc. Finding out gender in the middle of your pregnancy is like Christmas in July. For two whole days I got to talk, text, email, blog, and facebook to everyone who was interested what we are having! I loved it! Heck, I am still telling people (cave dwellers with no access to these technologies of my life).
Being pregnant this time is different for many reasons. The most significant is the reality that THIS- IS- IT. We are done after this baby and just knowing (and being very certain and confident in its absoluteness) makes for a different mindset. Every kick and punch takes on an extraordinary significance. (How I wish there were more, you stupid placenta anterior.) But I hope that I appreciate it all as much when I am 40 weeks as I am here at 20. Whoa. I just realized twenty weeks is tomorrow, or today for those of you who will not read this until a decent hour; I am half way done with being pregnant. Eek!
Hudson, I can not wait until you are older and I can tell you all about how you told everyone that there was a baby in your belly. We will not be pregnant again, little man. Either of us!
1 comment:
Haha! Yes, Ayden thinks he has a baby in his belly too and also will not hesitate to tell others where Mommy's baby AND his baby are located. Hudson is so going to be such a sweet big brother!! I'm so glad the pregnancy is going well for you!! 20 weeks down, 20 to go!
Post a Comment