I can vividly remember the first time my teenage self said "sucked" in front of my mom. Something tells me the smack in the face helped cement the memory. Surely other things I said to my parents drove them crazy, but that was the word that pushed her over the edge. At age two, Hudson has developed a little "talk back" which is pushing my buttons. I can not quite figure out where he picked it up, but I will just blame Mickey Mouse since he does not watch much else.
If I say something like, "Can you help me take this into the kitchen?" He will cheerily say, "No way!" The cheerily part makes me realize that he isn't trying to be all sass (like I probably was back in the day), but it drives me crazy just the same! The problem is, saying, "no way" has become more of a standard response to just about anything I ask.
Then, it gets funny. A couple of days ago he added his attempt at "Hosay" to the end of his little saying, but it comes out more like, "No way, Sozway!" And if I say, "What?" in a teasing way, he will look around wherever we are and find an item and say it instead. So here is our dialogue the other day in the car:
Me: "Do you want to go in the store?"
Him: "No way, Jose."
Me: "What?!?!"
Him: "No way, car way."
Me: "No way, light way."
Him: "No way, roadway."
Me: "No way, stopsign way."Him: "No way, watertower way."
Me: "No way, truck way."
Him: "No way, Mama way."
And so on...
Little stinker! He can drive me crazy, but he sure can make me laugh!
No comments:
Post a Comment