Hudson's on the go. Our neighbors gave him a Jeep last fall before they moved. For free. How sweet was that? After many months of storage and a purchase from an online battery supplyhouse, the rubber...er, plastic... is ready for the road. Recently Hudson was introduced to his new toy and, good gracious, you would think nothing so cool was ever made.
Every single day "Jeep time" has to be worked in (between the rainshowers, of course). He will happily give you a ride if you are under 40 pounds. Joy riding with neighbor Austin involved intentional running into trees-- followed by loads of dueling laughter. Hudson also coerced his buddy Vivi and the neighborhood cat to ride with him. I think both of those rides technically ended before they began.
Josh told me that the Jeep actually had three gears (reverse, low, and high). Thanks to a nice safety feature, it came to us with the high gear blocked off with a screw. We discussed that perhaps next summer Hudson would be ready for the high gear and until then, we would just let him work in forward low and reverse.
I guess last night's book club meeting (for me) created a time warp (for him) and he allowed Little Man to experience life in the FAST lane. Naturally, Hudson LOVED it. I was told his face was all Christmas-time. That would be the end of the story, but our son definitely has reached the age where he has specific memories of days events and today this is the conversation we had in our driveway during "Jeep time".
Hudson: Make the Jeep go faster, Mama.
Mama: (playing stupid) I don't know how to do that, Hudson.
Hudson: Yes, you do. Go get screwdriver and call Dada.
A prompt phone call was made. I will not share that conversation!
No comments:
Post a Comment