Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Pants on Fire

Hudson has learned the art of telling you what HE wants to hear. Frequently now when someone asks him a question, the answer is what he wants, not reality.

Example:
Me: "It is now quiet time."

Hudson: "No. I don't need quiet time. I just already did."
--or--
Uncle Dave: "Hudson, did Mommy say you could have more candy?"
Hudson: "Yesss. She say I can have only four more." ("only" is a favorite word of Little Man)
--or--
Me: "Hudson, do you need to go potty?"
Hudson: "I already went with Dada." (who left for work 5 hours ago)

I refrain from calling these little glubs "lies" as they seem to be more like "convenient theories" for him. It is a trend I have noticed in his other two year old buddies. Kind of like the new habit of spinning around 180 degrees while sleeping. Oh, the rights of passage in getting to be a three-year old...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For those who may be interested, the mower in the background of this picture is for sale. $295 OBO with snow plow.