Wednesday, August 17, 2011

While Tucker ate

Yesterday I helped Hudson put together a puzzle one handed. The day before that I colored pictures that way. I have fed Tucker doing everything from eating to helping someone go potty. I can balance a baby with bottle (you know, wedged under my chin) and move the laundry from the washer to the dryer. I am considering changing the blog name to "While Tucker ate" since it seems as if my entire life is happening during his slumberous meals.
My mind dances around hundreds of topics during the late night feedings. I try to keep myself awake by doing math and making new business plans. Last night I came up with a terrible yet telling realization. Feeding Tucker takes somewhere between 45 minutes to an hour per bottle. He eats eight times a day. That means I spend, at minimum, six hours a day just feeding him. That is nearly a full-time job. Holy heck. No wonder why I am getting nothing done around this house.
Hudson, like me, can finish his food with lighting speed. What am I going to do when Mister T eats more than 4 ounces at a time?!? No wonder he has put on three pounds in a month!


Tucker's one month stats:
Weight: 10 pounds 3 ounces
Length: 22 3/4 inches tall

Hudson's three year stats:
Weight: 35 pounds
Length: 38 inches tall

2 comments:

Christina said...

I can tell how tired you are..... ".....eating myself....."!! :) :)

theharrisgirl said...

@Christina...
Fixed it! And the measurements at the bottom where I had Hudson listed as only 6 inches taller than Tucker.