My son also talks. A lot. Just ask Papa Beer and Gran'ma Janet who drove him to the family reunion this weekend. He talked for 45 minutes straight. He no longer sleeps in the car. That used to me my safe place. Now he talks. To me. The whole time.
"What is that, Mama?"
"Where are we going next, Mama?"
"I want an ice cream at that MickeyDonals, Mama."
"Put two hands on the steering wheel, Mama."
"Put your seatbelt on, Mama."
"Why, Mama?"
And my fav, "Tucker is crying, Mama." I desperately --just once--want to respond, "No shit, Hudson." We are all in this car together.
Sorry, I digress. My ears are very, very tired.
So, recently Josh and I were in the car together and we told Little Man he could not talk. Three minutes later:
He must have hit his word limit.
2 comments:
LOVE it!! Dealing with the same thing with Connor.....NEVER NEVER NEVER is he quite!! Well.....I guess when he's sleeping he is quite!! :) :)
P.S. Watch what you say.....one day when the boys were asking the "Where are we going.....?" I responded with....."We're going crazy." Whyatt actually stated....."That's a short trip for you mommy!"
I have always felt that there is some sort of attachment between the seat belt and my girls' mouths. As soon as they are buckled, the mouth starts going. Often both at the same time on different topics.
Post a Comment