Just earlier this week I was talking to my girlfriend about praying with her kids. We used to pray before meals and before bed, but I admit it has fallen off lately. But, it is definitely something I want to get back into our lives.
--Hold that thought.--
Now, pardon me if I have already written this, but this is our conversation every single time Hudson goes to school:
Us: Did you have fun at school today?
Hudson: Yep.
Us: What did you do?
Hudson: Played.
Us: Did you learn anything?
Hudson: Yep.
Us: About what?
Hudson: (sly grin) About the train table!
So, I have not really worried about this. He is in school right now for socialization, not education. It would be nice if he would say anything other than playing with the train table. It is truly comical that he says the same thing after every class.
Last night at dinner Hudson said, "We should pray now" once we all sat down. So, we did. No frills. Just like we used to. As we started eating, I asked him where he learned about praying before eating and he said, "School."
Awesome. He is learning something after all. What a great thing to learn about too. And turns out we are all in the exact same place. Amen.
1 comment:
very sweet.
Post a Comment