Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Twelve Favorite Things of Christmas

In no particular order written from my most comfy house under a sea of wrapping paper and toy boxes...

1. Tucker's Christmas costume. Too cute and he wore this too many days!
Santa baby.

2. Family time galore. So many fun memories. I love my family!!!

These two are just too weird for words.
3. Christmas Eve service. Maybe we are just a bunch of saps, but there was not a dry eye in my family's row. And there is a Reason.

Uncle Adam reads Hudson a book from Aunt Ashlee about the qualities of a good man.
4. Hand-me-down Christmas. Hudson (and Tucker) received from Santa my old kitchen set. We have attended several extra meals at "Hudson's house" (also known as our living room). At one meal we were served bacon and strawberries.
Cooking up something real, not "retend".

5. Santa's cookies. This Mrs. Claus ate one too many sweets over the past week, but nothing was better than the sugar cookie I had at 11 p.m. on my way to bed.

The look of amazement.
6. Hudson's Christmas programs. I could watch the video of the school program over and over again. And not to be outdone, at the church program, Hudson's loud response to singing Away in a Manger: "That was not so hard for Me!"
Sweet little singer.
7. College money. So, one of Hudson's presents was a 529 statement. I told him that it was money for when he went to college. He looked at me and said, "Will you come with me?" Smile. Does it get better than that?

8. Mr. Happy Burger lunch. Taking my kids back to the old haunts of our hometown is absolutely one of my favorite things about being a parent. Hudson enjoyed his lunch in The Happy Trolley as I did just 20, err, 30 years ago!
Somethings are perfect just as they were.

9. Playing Catch Phrase with my Hughes family. We have too much fun together.

10. Hudson making Tucker laugh. We logged only 361.4 miles this weekend and hearing my newest giggling from the backseat because of his older brother's antics was worth every. single. mile.

Tucker's first snow. Headed for a warm truck, Mom. 
Hudson enjoying perfect snowball snow.



11. Grandparents with the kids. Here is the understatement of the year: my children are so blessed.

My oldest and his 68 year old grandpa four wheeling through the snow.
(Modern day sleigh)
12. White Christmas. Waking up in Logansport to snow covered everything was awesome. What a beautiful morning it was with big, fat snowflakes!

2 comments:

mistymadisonjo said...

I am so jealous of the snow. You are blessed.

ladyanderson said...

I'd like to just say that I love that the pictures where Hudson is not in his PJs that he is in Boilermaker attire...simply awesome. ;o)