So, lately my brain has been trying to process this type of story problem:
If a cleaning lady costs Heather $30/hour for ? hours every other week is that better or worse than Heather paying a Babysitter $10/hour for ? hours every week to clean her nasty house? But, as always, this is math, and it hurts my brain. However, you know what else hurts my brain? The state of cleanliness of my house. Do I want to pay someone to clean my house? Absolutely not. I would genuinely love to do it myself, I just don't know when. But something needs to be done because this palace (yes, it is!) needs some help! We are talking biblical disaster here.
My accountant asked that I start recording how many hours each week I am working. For 2012 I am averaging twenty hours a week. That did not seem like too many hours until I realized that I work those hours, for the most part, after 8 p.m. every day. You know, when most normal people are headed to bed after their full day of raising children. No wonder I am tired!
| "No, you must play outside for at least as many minutes as it will take for me to clean up the mess you will bring back into the house with you." |
1 comment:
A friend of mine who is now retired from nursing,along with her husband (also retired), provides loving care to their 4 year old grandson 3 days a week. She says that "her dirty house makes her guests feel better about their own dirty house" so she is providing her guests a service. Dirty houses rock! My theory is deal with the clutter a few days a week and it will look clean even though it is still dirty :)
Post a Comment