Three years old is a hard age. Mostly for Mamas and Dadas. We are living in the midst of some difficult days around here. Little Man surprises us every day with his funny questions, word choices, and understanding of difficult concepts. He exhibits so much independence with day to day tasks, I am frequently overwhelmed. Often I look at him and think, "When did HE grow up?"
{deep breath}
However...there are also frequently times when he proves that despite how he talks, acts, and assists us, he is still THREE years old. I don't know if this is making any sense to anyone who does not currently have a toddler. Maybe this is one of those things you forget, but it is a very difficult reality that we are living through.
He will be completely fine. happy. goofy little Hudson. And then something happens (perhaps read: he does not get his way) and he flips out and (this is the really bad part) gets so into his "frontal lobe" he is impossible to reason with. The switch is so severe if he was not three --let's say he was thirty-- you would be looking for the lithium.
I will refrain from directly quoting Josh after a typical incident occurred today, but it was something to the affect of "he can be really cute when he is not being an ..." Gosh, we love him so, but you just have to remember that just because he can feed himself, go to the bathroom alone, dress himself, open doors, turn on lights, follow multi-step directions, you are NOT dealing with an evolved, rational person. This house has a three year old residing in it. Drop by with caution. (That was for you, Jill!)
But, he is hilarious. So here are a couple of my recent favorites:
* While running through the house: "I'm faster than a speeding ticket!"
* While opting for which of his two sets of shoes to put on: "I will put on my DRESS shoes because I am already dressed."
* After being asked to bring me his dishes from the dinner table: "No problem-o, Lady!"
2 comments:
Not only is my child advanced in size, it sounds like from this post he is also advanced in his mood swings. He just turned 2 but I think he can compete with your 3 year olds tantrums.
I have been told that 4 is an absolute treat. I'm holding out for that... :o)
Post a Comment