Saturday, August 16, 2008

Rolling with the punches


Just when you think you know something...
Just when you think you know anything...
Just when you think you have prepared yourself for the future...

Your OB says, "I think we are looking at a C-section."

Motherhood arrived, via what I am sure will be a sweet abdomen scar, on August 13th at 3:15 a.m. after many hours of labor. I am the mother of a son. I would love to describe him to you, but I find myself speechless.

I will respond to the typical requests of information:

He was 7 pounds, zero ounces, 20.25 inches with mile long legs. His feet are the size of waterskis. (Look at the bottom of this page to see what I mean!) He has a head of the softest blond hair and dark eyes. His favorite pastimes are cuddling and creating diaper treats that terrify his dad.

I will update this blog with more photographs of him than anyone would care to see--except for 6 doting grandparents--but for now, here we are...

No comments: