Wednesday, December 24, 2008

And to all...a good night

Hudson's four month growth spurt is over, I believe, as he is sleeping through the night again. This one lasted about one week. He better sleep through the night tonight or Santa won't come and leave him presents. (wink)
Many have told us "wait until next year" and I know they are anxious for us to share in the joy of watching our child terrorize wrapping paper, pull the tree over, and shriek at the sight of big men in red suits. However, Josh and I are really enjoying this Christmas for many reasons. First and foremost, we have been given the greatest present of all. Last year was definitely great fun sharing with our families our expecting news, but actually having him here this year obviously gives us so much pleasure.
Second, Hudson’s demand for gifts is non-existent. Since I couldn’t think of anything especially meaningful to give to my son on this first holiday celebration, we will go with the necessities. He will receive diapers (size 2), formula (a couple bottles of prepared as a treat), and wipes (the really good kind). I didn’t have to wait in any long lines, go to Toys ‘R Us or knock out any other mothers to get these treasures for him either.
Next, we think this might be the best Christmas because Hudson goes to bed really early and we can still stay up, watching Christmas movies, and play Monopoly without fear of him destroying our game board.
Oh! and on Sunday I was able to listen to the duet of our church's pianist and flutist play "What Child is This?" holding my sleeping infant son. Tonight I will get to do the same at the Christmas Eve service during "Silent Night."
Finally, this is a picture I captured of Hudson looking at the tree with one of his loving grandpas. Something about the way the light is reflected on his little lips makes me melt. Could it really get better than this?
Oh, I know, I know...next year things will be different and surely better, but for now, let us all appreciate exactly what we’ve been given. Merry Christmas!

Christmas Card 2008

No comments: