You know that I had wicked plans of photographing my son each of the Twelve Days of Christmas in some type of torturous holiday garb, but I decided to forgo that. For today, you will hopefully enjoy this delightful seasonal shot I captured of my four month old little man recently.
Today’s doctor visit went well. Dr. Hodson (“Hudson, for Hodson”) enjoyed Hudson’s constant chatting. When she would ask how he was doing, he would answer her. He is a hefty 16 pounds 11 ounces and over 25 inches long. This puts him in the 75% percentile for weight and height. I have never been so proud of a “C”. Holding him it is hard to imagine he came home from the hospital just over six pounds.
She encouraged us to continue with the rice cereal once a day or every other day for this month. Perhaps, she hypothesized, it would work on the stomach acid and cause him to spit up less. She supported my stance that he needs absolutely no other foods at this time.
He did get his second round of immunizations and has been asleep ever since we left. The nurse said that I wouldn’t have to assist in the shot process (a.k.a. hold him down) until he was closer to a year. I am not looking forward to this at all. While I know vaccinations are important, getting shots was one of the most traumatic events of my childhood; hence the tattoo I selected many years later. I have vivid memory of a prehistoric, wrinkly nurse coming into the room with the needle hidden behind her back. (Like a kid is too stupid to realize that she isn’t holding a teddy bear with the absent hand?) The ancient woman would whip around her arm and stab my wiggling body. Pure torture.
So, even though Hudson took his shots without many tears, I am sure you understand my position that he had enough trauma today.
Today’s doctor visit went well. Dr. Hodson (“Hudson, for Hodson”) enjoyed Hudson’s constant chatting. When she would ask how he was doing, he would answer her. He is a hefty 16 pounds 11 ounces and over 25 inches long. This puts him in the 75% percentile for weight and height. I have never been so proud of a “C”. Holding him it is hard to imagine he came home from the hospital just over six pounds.
She encouraged us to continue with the rice cereal once a day or every other day for this month. Perhaps, she hypothesized, it would work on the stomach acid and cause him to spit up less. She supported my stance that he needs absolutely no other foods at this time.
He did get his second round of immunizations and has been asleep ever since we left. The nurse said that I wouldn’t have to assist in the shot process (a.k.a. hold him down) until he was closer to a year. I am not looking forward to this at all. While I know vaccinations are important, getting shots was one of the most traumatic events of my childhood; hence the tattoo I selected many years later. I have vivid memory of a prehistoric, wrinkly nurse coming into the room with the needle hidden behind her back. (Like a kid is too stupid to realize that she isn’t holding a teddy bear with the absent hand?) The ancient woman would whip around her arm and stab my wiggling body. Pure torture.
So, even though Hudson took his shots without many tears, I am sure you understand my position that he had enough trauma today.
2 comments:
He's so precious and he also looks like his mommy.
He is just so adorable.
When Connor had his 4-month check-up (two weeks ago) - he weighed 13 lbs. 13 oz. and was appx. 25"L. When he was born he weighed 8 lb. 13 oz. - looks like "Santa Baby" is growing at a faster rate than Connor!
Post a Comment