
When you put a newborn and three month old next to each other, the difference is immense; how quickly that changes! Here is Hudson and his future prom date Macyn (also pictured in blog #4). Look how quickly he caught up with her. I went and had Hudson's feet measured; mostly out of curiousity since I don't really plan on buying him shoes for awhile, especially at $22 pair at Striderite Outlet Store. He would need a size 3.5 wide; wide, not because of width, but because of thickness (arch to sole). Just to note, everyone said my shoe size would change with pregnancy. I laughed off this silliness as an old wives' tale and since I wear no close-toed shoes until snow falls, it took me to mid-December to realize that infact all of my non-sandal shoes are too small. Oh, with the exception of a single pair of ballet-type shoes I bought in NYC when I had swollen feet. Now, a fashion-challenge mother like me can survive an entire winter with only one pair of closed toed shoes --plus running shoes; however, I will need to purchase some when I return to the paycheck-earning world next winter.
Speaking of clothes, from our good friends--and Macyn's parents--the Joneses we inherited a healthy load of the greatest of friendship gifts...hand-me-downs from Macyn's older brother, Brecken. Hooray!!! Hudson is so set with clothes for the next couple of years and I am sooo excited and grateful! I wonder why recycled clothes are such a treasure for kids, but most adults don't get giddy with a pair of pants they found at their neighbor's garage sale. Here is Hudson in one of his new wares, my favorite, overalls!
Look at those thick feet! Here is one last artsy shot I did of my seven month little boy. Aren't those bibs cute? I think we should all rethink our next garage sale shopping list.
2 comments:
yes - overalls are my favorite!
You are too sweet! It as much a gift for us to clear out some space upstairs! Hudson looks mighty cute in his overalls! I'm kind of partial to his prom date too! Cute pic of them! ~Colbey
Post a Comment