Wednesday, March 25, 2009

What would you roll over for?

This morning I was getting Hudson dressed in the living room---because that is where all the clean clothes were folded, you know how it goes---it has been the joke around here to see what Hudson is willing to roll over for (back to front). I believe the first thing he did roll over for was a rice cake about three weeks ago. Then it was his bottle. Then it was to see the television better. Now he does so with ease. Anyway, I was trying to get him dressed and his Lightning McQueen Push and Ride Car was out in the room with us. I could not keep him still. So, I did what all good photographers do.




I went with the moment.





Here is my nearly naked son terrifying his mother. Why am I scared? Well, as I mentioned, three weeks ago I was trying to get him to roll over for a stinkin' rice cake and now he wants to sit on a "big boy" car? Eek! Thank heavens he can't make it move yet!
Secondly, I am scared because I already anticipate the endless conversation "Why can't I be a race car driver, Mama?" His interest in this car at seven months only contributes to that stress. Finally, I was nervous taking these pictures because he hasn't really played on this before. It was out because a friend's older child was on it. I kept thinking he might topple over at any second, but he actually has really good balance and dexterity.











I have a video, but I will have to upload it later. Someone is getting hungry. Today we are having pureed pears and tomorrow it will be Brickyard Burgers after his first IRL win at Indy! Come on, you think I would let him drive NASCAR?






Please note how daddy Josh defaced this innocent Disney cartoon creation with his bumper sticker contribution.



1 comment:

Kris said...

He looks very sturdy (and happy)sitting on his little car :)
I remember when Leah started scooting across the room for my plate of food...good times.
She can now get on, and roll backwards on her little green and yellow tractor, that Dwight has threatened to paint red :P