Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Just another manic Monday

Cleaning up our extra bedroom I found a cowboy hat and handed it to Hudson. He wore it happily on his head until I grabbed the camera, and then, it became his head. Frankly, this picture cracks me up!


Just so this baby book biography is true to life and not all rainbows and bunnies, it needs to be said that Hudson still is not sleeping through the night consistently. Within a two week span, he will usually go maybe one night all the way through. I have made up many excuses for why he doesn't sleep straight through the night. At first I thought it was a developmental advancement keeping him up. Then it was his teeth. Then it was the wind rattling his blinds. Then it was Lent. Then it was a day ending in "y". You get the idea. But now, I truly have no clue.


Yesterday was a manic Monday. I was still not adjusted to Saturday night's awake-a-thon (up at 11, 1, 3, 5 until I brought him to bed with us) and the daylight savings time loss of one hour. The whole day just felt "off". Around 5 o'clock in the evening Hudson finally took his afternoon nap. For two hours. Breaking all the rules of infant sleeping, I just let him rest. At seven he got up and played with his dad, ate dinner, and at nine he went to bed. And slept until 8:30 a.m. straight. Go figure.

This raises an issue that I have recently be pondering, but finally decided. I am over stressing about developmental accomplishments. In our playgroup we have infants very close to his age (older and younger) and they are all different. Hudson might not roll across the room like some, but he has to be the friendliest, good natured little man in the whole crew. Last night I realized that I was over a month behind on my What to Expect the First Year reading. I have been too busy enjoying where we are in our little world right here, right now.




Hee Hee. Still laughing.


What a great Monday.

No comments: