Thursday, April 23, 2009

8 months and 8 states

Josh and I have this script of sorts we say every time we leave for a big trip. It goes like this:
“Have driver’s license?”
“Check.”
“Have camera?”
“Check.”
“Have credit card?”
“Check.”
“Great. We can buy whatever we are forgetting.”




Well, as good as that is in theory, taking Hudson to sunny Florida tomorrow has proven to be a much more extensive packing experience. Today I will bore you with his packing list.
80 diapers
34 ounces dry formula
1 pitcher for mixing
50 wipes
8 premade bottles for the trip south
cooler for said bottles
1 tube butt cream
Tylenol
Motrin
thermometer
night light
teething tablets
2 pairs of swimming trunks
1 adorable beach robe
8 burp cloths
1 pack ‘n play
stroller
backpack carrier
sun block for his face
sun block for his body
package swim diapers
float for pool
beloved bedtime paci
package throw away spoons
1 canister oatmeal cereal
16 jars of baby food
1 new jar of puffs
books
teething toys
7 outfits for if it is warm
7 outfits for if it is cold
7 more tops to replace those drooled upon by midday
bedtime lotion
toothbrush
sweater jacket
5 sunhats (I went a little crazy at the Gap outlet!) phone number for pediatrician
1 jumbo carseat

…and I am the mama at playgroup who shows up without a diaper bag! With all this crap, ironically there will only be room left for Josh, myself, my camera, and a credit card to buy everything for us we can not fit in the car.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What part of Florida are you visiting? I know the three of you will have a great time. I can't wait to see pictures!

Molly

Christina said...

Have a SAFE FUN trip!!

Can't wait to see the aborable pictures!! :) :)

mistymadisonjo said...

Is the Advil/Tylenol for you or for Hudson!
Have a SAFE and fabulous trip!

sportsmom1017 said...

Sometimes it is easier to stay home! Have a great trip.

Ashlee said...

Aw, that is hilarious! This is why it'll be awhile for me to have kids-- I still have too much I WANT TO PACK! haha.

Have fun on your vacay, sis!! See you when you guys get back-- Columbus Zoo!