Thursday, April 30, 2009

My son, the Blue Angel

On Tuesday we headed over to Pensacola to the Naval Air Station to see the Blue Angels morning practice (free) and visit the Naval Aviation Museum (free). Both were amazing. The show started at 0830, which is Hudson's new nap time since he has been waking up at 0630. (I know, yeah vacation.) After a couple of fly-bys and cool formations, Hudson decided that the airshow wasn't that cool and took a nap in my arms. Carrying his 22 pound load around for the next hour has been my cardio for this week. However, once Hudson did wake up we stuck him inside a cockpit and terrifyingly, he grabbed the joystick like a pro.






Maybe I watched Top Gun too many times in my youth, but having a son who was a fighter pilot would make me very proud. LCDR Hudson "Hornet" Harris reporting....


Sooooooooooo yesterday, we figured out a way to enjoy the beach by utilizing a handy beach playpen we borrowed. Hudson was completely happy. Too happy. Josh and I, not used to getting more than 30 minutes of peace in the sun (beach, pool, or otherwise), quickly became french fried. With sunscreen only on our faces, Josh's body is lobster red and my legs are scarlet. I was at the store at 7:00 a.m. picking up aloe and after sun lotion today! Hudson never felt the sun's evil rays as he relaxed and even napped under the shade of our umbrella set up by beach boy Seth. Yes, we have our own cabana boy.








Best cure for a sunburn? That is right! A nap!

3 comments:

Angie G said...

It looks like you are having great fun!! I wish I would have thought to loan you our sun dome - but it looks like the play pen is working out wonderfully! I don't know how you got him to nap outside, but I'm jealous!! BTW, great job keeping up on the updates!

mistymadisonjo said...

I love the picture of him through the netting of the beach playpen!

Christina said...

How sweet!