Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Sunshine on my shoulders

So far the family vacation has three key ingredients: loads of sunshine, adequate sunscreen, and frequent napping. We have relaxed and enjoyed the warmth of Navarre. Hudson is not crazy about the pool--and his lack of verbal skills prevents us from knowing exactly why--maybe it is too cold? maybe the sun is too bright? maybe he is just cranky? We are puzzled. The ocean is beautiful, but cold. Double red flags keep us from getting in too far.
I am keeping him coated with sunscreen as best I can. Turns out the WaterBabies brand is about as thick as mayonnaise. Hudson has worn his new hat almost constantly. We took it off in the pool this afternoon and I think the top of his head is going to be pink. The sunblock gave him a super cool mohawk though. He even wore his new sunglasses today without a fuss.
Josh and Hudson are napping now. We have napped every day. I bet my favorite picture from this vacation is of him snoozing with his daddy. Here is one of him and I yesterday at the beach.



1 comment:

Christina said...

I am sooooo glad that you are enjoying yourself.

Hudson looks adorable and you look happy and relaxed.

I am sooooo jealous!! :) :)