Little Hudson has been diagnosed with his third ear infection. Have no fear, he still can go to swim class tonight as long as he “doesn’t put his head under”. Well, of course not!
We had quite the informative doctor’s visit today. He weighs 21 pounds 9 ounces on their official scales. In addition to the ear issues, she spotted some huge swollen front gums where it appears two new teeth are quickly making their descent. Last week out of dissatisfaction with what I had been told up to this point, I went ahead and made an appointment with a local pediatric ophthalmologist, who, it turns out, doesn’t have an available appointment until May 27th. Holy cow. Today the doctor I saw, not his usual one, said that she also thinks Hudson’s right eyelashes are irritating his eye and offered a referral to the very office I already scheduled an appointment at. I am even more apprehensive about what they will do to correct this problem.

So anxious…that I am sitting here blogging in the rocking chair in his room while he naps. This is a first. I know he is sleeping better in his bed, but this lets me be close. He is getting so big in my arms that his chunky legs are bent when he rests on my shoulder. Sigh.
Finally, a shout out to sister-in-law Jessica and her bargain shopping abilities. If you have never been to the Gap Warehouse store in the greater Cincy area, you must go. She found this adorable little top and bottom pajama set for $1 per piece. I love a bargain! Plus, a year ago we were in San Francisco with Mariya. And that is when I felt Hudson’s first kick ~riding a cable car on Powell Street. Sweet memories!
We had quite the informative doctor’s visit today. He weighs 21 pounds 9 ounces on their official scales. In addition to the ear issues, she spotted some huge swollen front gums where it appears two new teeth are quickly making their descent. Last week out of dissatisfaction with what I had been told up to this point, I went ahead and made an appointment with a local pediatric ophthalmologist, who, it turns out, doesn’t have an available appointment until May 27th. Holy cow. Today the doctor I saw, not his usual one, said that she also thinks Hudson’s right eyelashes are irritating his eye and offered a referral to the very office I already scheduled an appointment at. I am even more apprehensive about what they will do to correct this problem.

So anxious…that I am sitting here blogging in the rocking chair in his room while he naps. This is a first. I know he is sleeping better in his bed, but this lets me be close. He is getting so big in my arms that his chunky legs are bent when he rests on my shoulder. Sigh.
Finally, a shout out to sister-in-law Jessica and her bargain shopping abilities. If you have never been to the Gap Warehouse store in the greater Cincy area, you must go. She found this adorable little top and bottom pajama set for $1 per piece. I love a bargain! Plus, a year ago we were in San Francisco with Mariya. And that is when I felt Hudson’s first kick ~riding a cable car on Powell Street. Sweet memories!
3 comments:
Did they mention anything about the possibility of tubes?
Molly
Did they mention anything about how adorable Hudson is? That needs to go in his chart.
"Ear infection, irritated right eye and crazy cute."
So - what %tile is he on the growth chart? I'm guessing he is up there - but never fear, Matt was off the charts at that age, and now he is 5'8" and 135! Of which I would take either, 5'8" and my weight or my height and 135!
Both my kids had tube - best thing ever, instant relief, gets rid of the infections and they don't get resistent to antibiotics...
Post a Comment