Sunday, April 19, 2009

You've come a long way, baby

Last night for reasons I won't soon forget, Josh, Hudson, and I spent some quality time together in his room playing from about 10:00 p.m. to midnight. It was some of the sweetest moments we have had together to date. Hudson sat in amazement wondering why he was getting such undivided attention at an hour when usually we are doing everything in our power to get him to sleep. We all played quietly on the floor and chatted to each other. I decided to get out my pregnancy journal and read some of it aloud. (Surprise... I wrote throughout my pregnancy as well--albeit not as much, since I was doing that writing for myself and this is for Hudson, and you, good and faithful reader.)

The one thing that stuck out to me was that --despite the uncomfortable sleep and being larger than I appreciated--I was so happy pregnant. Over and over again I talk about how good I feel. And around this time last year, I was nearly giddy speaking of feeling his kicks, hiccups, and movements. I was in awe of him from the minute I knew he existed. In one particular entry, I shared how I had just watched the ultrasound video five times and knew nothing other than he must have some chubby cheeks. (Ya think???) Just when I think so much has changed, I see something in another way and realize we are right where we should be.


Hudson has taken an interest in any musical toys. He loves his rattle bell, a bird that sings, and a set of wind chimes that his Grandma Harris bought him. It is pretty cute. Although he is spending more time on his belly, he isn't showing any interest in crawling. I found out last week that Josh did not crawl "the normal way" until after he could walk. According to his baby book that was at 9 months. I wonder if Hudson won't be the same. If he can roll his way to his destination, I think he is happy. As we prepare for our Florida vacation coming this Friday, I hope that he holds off just a little longer. His immobility is very nice right now!

So, there you have it. My 100th post. This all started the night before he was "supposed" to be born and now it is eight months later. You think one of these days I will change my blogging password to his actual birthday instead of the intended one!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all 100 of your posts! P.S. I love your hair...it's dark.

Molly ;)

sportsmom1017 said...

Too cute! I can't believe how fast it is all going....time flies. Enjoy Florida and call me when you get back so we can do dinner before Graduation!

Lori

Christina said...

I have also loved reading and re-reading each and every post. Can't wait until I get to read the 200th post.

Have fun in Florida.

Christina