You know that day in spring where you are just going about your normal routine and suddenly you notice, “Wow! Everything is green! When did that happen?” Well, I kind of feel that way about Hudson. Here we are in the middle of the seventh month and suddenly I realize so many changes have happened in the past couple of weeks. I started thinking about them each while rocking him to sleep last tonight. Actually each of the following things has happened since Hudson turned seven months. While none of them are entirely blogworthy alone, combined this list is a lot like those budding lilacs and green grass. Wow! So many changes! When did that happen?
*Bumpers in crib are gone. Now the search for paci in the middle of the night just got insanely harder.
*Hudson now uses a number 3 nipple in his bottles.
*Because he now is 29 inches long and weighs over 22 pounds, he has a new carseat. It will be installed tomorrow, but I finally purchased one, after much research.
*Since Hudson weighs so much and his pumpkin seat makes it worse, he now rides in shopping carts seats. Ewww.
*For the same reason, he now sits in high chairs in restaurants.
*While it is not his favorite activity, he will roll across the floor if there is appropriate motivation…like the remote control. Likewise, he is never in the same position in his crib when he wakes up.
*Hudson eats Gerber puffs (a finger food that dissolves on your tongue) which interestingly have a serving size of 73. I wish Girl Scout cookies had a similar serving quantity.
He definitely knows his name. This is really cool.
*We have to constantly survey what is around him as he grabs at everything. He tries to do the magic tablecloth removal just about every day. His dexterity is quite good. It is neat to watch him manipulate something so that he has just the right hold.
*An unfortunate side effect of this grabbing is he really hurts when he grabs your nose, arm, and hair. He does this often. He hurts me everyday.
*Similarly, he shows interest in whatever we are eating and lunges at it. This includes drinks too.
*He is pretty chatty as I have documented here, but his new thing is screaming just to hear his own voice. It is funny. Except for Sunday morning during church, which is why he now goes to the nursery there.
*Finally, I am going to save this one for a separate blog, but early signs of separation anxiety are appearing. I believe we are on the threshold of a really bad phase.
Sunday, April 5, 2009
Little things
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This seperation anxiety is quickly approaching. In Tanner's early months he could care less if I were around. I would drop him off at the daycare and he wouldn't look at my twice. In the last two months Tanner has paid much more attention to mommy. Sometimes he cries in the morning when I drop him off at daycare and two Sunday's in a row he cried when I left him in the nursery. It's sweet and frustrating at the same time.
Molly
Post a Comment