The best part of having a nine month old baby is that they can be entertained by
anything. Who needs an expensive Nintendo
DS or new bike when you can play with a piece of newspaper for hours and be happy? Okay, maybe not hours, but case in point: last week Hudson was amused for the entire duration of my Sam's Club trip by a STRAW I grabbed from the drink display. That poor thing was everything from a conductor's baton to a chew toy before he was finally tired of it. He had a grand old time destroying the newest edition of
Indianapolis Monthly magazine on Sunday morning before the race.

For fun yesterday at dinner I put the tiniest dollop of cool whip on a paper plate and he was hilarious! I figure the laughs he created cost me about 25 cents. (They were some expensive paper plates. *wink*)

Tonight after dinner we went and sat on the front porch and he wanted down. No need for a cool sandbox for my little boy. Playing in the mulch seemed to be way more fun. Cost: free.
I thought it to be rather obvious B.H. (before Hudson) that every plastic bag from every store had the words "Suffocation hazard. Not a child's toy." on it somewhere. Then I had a kid and realized babies love plastic bags. Calm down, Grandmama, I don't give them to him to play with...but he would be very pleased if I did.
While he does have a collection of fun rattles and board books, if you watch closely, he spend most of his time chewing on the cardboard price tag I left on a stuffed animal I bought him. The old remote control is better than any set of blocks. And he loves a plastic hotel key emblazoned with the face of Barry Manilow that Josh gave him.

I am sure it will not always be this way, but for now, I am happy to have a kid who enjoys the simple things of life --a.k.a. doesn't know any better!

3 comments:
HEY! Spencer LOVES paper, any kind of paper too. He likes the laundry baskets, boxes and any type of kitchen utensil. Glad to see he is havin' as much fun as Spencer is having!
Anything like Leah and he will easily entertain himself for at least another year :)
She ran all over the house last night flying a plastic bag as a kite. Yeah, I know they aren't a toy, but she was supervised, and she didn't slow down long enough to even think about chewing on it or putting it on her head...and it was entertaining for us too :)
She loves straws too. and her dirt pot is still entertaining as well :)
OH! I totally forgot to reply about those pictures! Dwight said his favorite was 146 and my favorite (after much thinking) is 153. Don't make a special order or anything, but if you wanted to add it on to something we wouldn't mind :)
Thanks!
Post a Comment