Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mama's Mother's Day

What a wonderful day. I sure hope every mother out there had such a lovely day as I did.

Hudson slept (are you ready for this?) until 11 a.m.!!! Proving that he too suffered from the hellacious Friday night we all had where he did not sleep at all—not exaggerating. Speaking of which, I must add this personal comment: Mom, I love you so much for getting into the car with me in only your night gown when I insisted on taking Hudson for a car ride at 4:30 a.m. Thank goodness we didn’t get pulled over considering I was only wearing a t-shirt and Josh’s boxers myself! Yes, so after a good night of sleep—except for that rough patch around 1:30 a.m.—Hudson got up and turns out, he borrowed some money from his dad and bought me a lovely card which has his voice recorded in it. Then it broke into a Queen song that Mariya used to sing. It was very sweet.
We made our way up to the 500 track for the second day of qualifications. The weather was sublime. A delicious Brickyard tenderloin was the perfect lunch with no cleanup! Hudson wore his little Chili Bowl race romper and his ear protection without complaint. Of course, he captured the attention of so many people we passed and we received many approval nods from various people for our safety sense.
After lunch we headed to turn two’s grassy infield to watch more cars practice and take a nap. Hudson was unmoved by the sound and sight of the cars. Lying on the Bears blanket between Josh and me, he fell asleep and took a nice little siesta in the sun. He was just so sweet and adorable all day.

The best part of the day, and everyday as a mother, is feeling your heart just swell with love when you look at your child. There were so many moments today when I swear I thought my heart would just explode.

3 comments:

Christina said...

How very sweet!! I just want to squeeze those cheeks!!

As for your mom.....it's amazing what we mothers do for our children!!

Glad you had a GREAT Mother's Day!

mistymadisonjo said...

Okay, I could go on about how sweet your day was, but dang girl, I want some of the race track food and to see the brick!
No, seriously, I'm glad you had such a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather Velma here. When our son A J was a baby we took rides in the car ALL the time to put him asleep. It worked and he sleeped through out the night. He was about 1 or 2 years, and got his night and days mixed up for about 2 weeks. What a time that was with 3 girls and Bill. Love your web site and Hudson is a true BOY. Later Bill and Velma