Wednesday, May 20, 2009

New toys, old toys

Off of Craigslist.com we purchased a new toy for Hudson, er...well, for us. Josh and I are a bike riding pair and we definitely live in a bike riding town. I still laugh at the shock on some of my students' faces to see me bike riding to the city's Fourth of July fireworks show (like we have done every year, by the way) last year when I was nine months prego. Anyway, this is our little purchase. I have been looking for one forever.
Hudson seems to like it, when the sun is not in his eyes, of course. It can hold up to two toddlers, has side pockets to hold drinks, uses netting as a bug shield, has with a plastic roll-away rain cover, and a trunk behind the seat. Pulling him feels like nothing too, which is awesome! It is currently just hooked up to my bike, but Josh modeled it here.


After we returned home from our bike ride, the yard needed to be mowed, trimmed, weedeatered, etc. so Josh took Hudson with him on the mower--our ancient "come on baby, please start!" mower while I went around with the weedeater. Hudson just rode along with Josh on this toy with no complaints at all hanging in his old Baby Bjorn pack. They looked awful cute in their Purdue sweatshirts.

Riding on my grandpa's lap mowing the yard is one of my life's sweetest memories and seeing these two together like this really made me think of him. Although, I am pretty sure no one worried about ear protection in 1976!


2 comments:

Angie G said...

Cute pic on the lawn mower! My dad would've said the same thing about ear protection. I get that a lot from him when I pull out my modern-day baby gear. :)

Christina said...

I love the new "toy"!