
Locally today is graduation day.
When the invites to open houses started hitting the mailbox, I was flattered. Obviously the fact that I was out of sight, did not have me out of mind for a dozen or so of my former students. So, yesterday the parties really began. I decided Hudson would make the most appropriate companion to the celebrations since I can not go anywhere in this town without people asking about him. His smiley nature charmed many other party guests and it was fun to show off what I had accomplished during these student’s senior year.
Looking through many collections of memory books and photo boards with my little man in my arms induced every parent, I believe, to tell me how fast the time goes. “How quickly they go from first shoes to first school program,” one mom eloquently said (not knowing how that had been a recent moment in my household). “I can only imagine” is all I can say. “I don’t want to think about it” is all I can think. As soon as he wakes up from his nap, we are off to more celebrations this afternoon. Hudson wants more cake. And I want some more time hanging out with my little guy.
When the invites to open houses started hitting the mailbox, I was flattered. Obviously the fact that I was out of sight, did not have me out of mind for a dozen or so of my former students. So, yesterday the parties really began. I decided Hudson would make the most appropriate companion to the celebrations since I can not go anywhere in this town without people asking about him. His smiley nature charmed many other party guests and it was fun to show off what I had accomplished during these student’s senior year.
Looking through many collections of memory books and photo boards with my little man in my arms induced every parent, I believe, to tell me how fast the time goes. “How quickly they go from first shoes to first school program,” one mom eloquently said (not knowing how that had been a recent moment in my household). “I can only imagine” is all I can say. “I don’t want to think about it” is all I can think. As soon as he wakes up from his nap, we are off to more celebrations this afternoon. Hudson wants more cake. And I want some more time hanging out with my little guy.
1 comment:
Ugh. I also have gotten very tired of hearing about how fast it goes. Even just the past year and a half has flown by!
I told Dwight the other night, I didn't want to put Leah to bed, because every time I do, she wakes up bigger, smarter, older...I just wanted to hang on to her this way forever.
He reminded me that if I kept her up much longer, I probably wouldn't be feelign that way ;)
Guess I will have to find some other way to slow time down :P
Post a Comment