So, we started weaning him the next day. Hudson typically drinks five 6 to 7 ounce bottles a day, and on Saturday he took all but two of his drinks from a straw cup. Sunday was the same. Just as soon as I figure out how to change up the bedtime routine, he will lose that bottle. I anticipate he will be bottle-less by the end of the week.
Hudson doesn't seem to be too phased by these changes; he loves using cups and straws. Plus we did this during a fabulous Father's Day weekend where he was (surprise) the center of attention of many loving family members. I will be anxious to gauge his reaction during our more normal routine of this week.
Of course, he is still on formula, but even our days with that are numbered. I went out and purchased, what I think will be, the last of his formula needs. Like the doctor said, we get quite the financial raise once we are away from that expensive stuff! While the break from bottles is unsettling, the extra $100 a month is an exciting development.
1 comment:
Oh.....I just want to cry. I know I need to say "bye bye to Connor's bottles" - but - I don't think I'm ready yet!! Isn't this sad.....not worried if Connor is ready.....just worried about dear 'ole mom!!
Post a Comment