Exhausted. Today I watched a little girl from our playgroup that is two days younger than Hudson, and it was an adventure-- I tell you! I admire even more any parent who has two children with ages in close proximity. I just don’t know how they do it. Granted dealing with twins has to be in a class all of its own. 
While the two ten month olds were aware of each other and seemed to gravitate toward each other, they are still too young to really play together. Hudson got a little over-protective when she started pushing the buttons on his beloved Lightning McQueen car and she definitely did not want him to touch her super soft blankie.
The UPS man came by needing my signature to deliver a package, so I innocently walked out of the room to answer the front door. This set off little lady into screaming fits. Hudson, thinking she must be aware of something he wasn't, started crying (with huge wet tears) himself. I signed for the package and walked back into the family room and had to laugh. What do I do? Take care of the poor little girl in a stranger’s house or my little guy who seemed so devastated?
After juggling both of their non-walking bodies into the kitchen, I was able to strap them into their seats at the kitchen table. Thank goodness I am home alone; I must have looked hilarious trying to carry them together. Then I alternatively gave them each a handful of Puffs and quickly did as much as I could at the stove, back and forth, back and forth.
Hudson was ready for a nap half way through our time together and I had no idea how to put one kid asleep while leaving the other child completely alone. With some quick assistance from Baby Einstein video, I was able to quickly put Hudson to sleep without starting another major meltdown.
I have to laugh at my younger self because I know there were years when I thought that having twins would just be the coolest. Now with my Mama knowledge I can sit and quietly shake my head. Wow, I am definitely in need of a nap!
While the two ten month olds were aware of each other and seemed to gravitate toward each other, they are still too young to really play together. Hudson got a little over-protective when she started pushing the buttons on his beloved Lightning McQueen car and she definitely did not want him to touch her super soft blankie.
The UPS man came by needing my signature to deliver a package, so I innocently walked out of the room to answer the front door. This set off little lady into screaming fits. Hudson, thinking she must be aware of something he wasn't, started crying (with huge wet tears) himself. I signed for the package and walked back into the family room and had to laugh. What do I do? Take care of the poor little girl in a stranger’s house or my little guy who seemed so devastated?
After juggling both of their non-walking bodies into the kitchen, I was able to strap them into their seats at the kitchen table. Thank goodness I am home alone; I must have looked hilarious trying to carry them together. Then I alternatively gave them each a handful of Puffs and quickly did as much as I could at the stove, back and forth, back and forth.
Hudson was ready for a nap half way through our time together and I had no idea how to put one kid asleep while leaving the other child completely alone. With some quick assistance from Baby Einstein video, I was able to quickly put Hudson to sleep without starting another major meltdown.
I have to laugh at my younger self because I know there were years when I thought that having twins would just be the coolest. Now with my Mama knowledge I can sit and quietly shake my head. Wow, I am definitely in need of a nap!
2 comments:
So.....I guess #2 isn't coming anytime soon.....!?!? ha ha
Great post!! I am laughing my head off. :)
Post a Comment