Sunday, June 7, 2009

What did you learn today?

What did you learn today? I am just asking because I think it is amazing how each day Hudson learns something new and I no longer do. Matter-a-fact, I am at a point in my life where I am relearning things I already knew. For example, today I rediscovered that I need to unload the washer as soon as it is done or the clothes inside it will start to stink. I knew that. I relearned that if I do anything but immediately replace a dirty diaper with another diaper, Hudson will pee on me, the wall, and the changing table. I already knew that too.

Today Hudson learned how to drink out of a straw. Drinking from a straw is a significant skill in our world (as I take a big swig of diet Coke from my Subway cup). And today, some boring old Sunday, he learned how to do it. Profound way to spend an afternoon, eh?

On the way home from lunch today I did learn something. Hudson has a new tooth. Not just a swollen gum or a speck of white, he has another tooth which you can see plain as day. Count them: one, two, three, four, FIVE. When did that one happen? The first two arrived simultaneously with massive fanfare and were quickly noted in the baby book (and here). The second two entered alongside a steady two week regime of Motrin and Tylenol. And here is number five, who knows when it came in. But it is here. I guess today I learned that as much as I try to be mommy-on-top-of-it-all, I can not be.

Oh wait. I already knew that.

1 comment:

Angie G said...

I'm sorry you missed Hudson's fifth tooth, but selfishly it makes me feel better. Somehow I missed Roddick's 5 & 6 - his incisors no less. It took me riding in the backseat of the car, with Roddick strapped into his carseat; slightly tilted at the recommended 45 degree angle. In this situation, I had a nice view of the inside of his mouth as he screamed. And there they were...two little white nubs. So, when I excitedly brought this to Ryan's attention, he said, "Yea, they have been there." I'm glad he's on top of it. :)