Hudson needs his hair cut. Well, not all the hairs. Only about ten, but I don't think they will only cut those ten, so I am not sure what to do.
You can not see it in pictures; his hair appears relatively calm and in place. It is the back of his head that has these squirly long hairs that are rubbing on his ears and all out of sorts. Plus he has just a couple of single strands that are like twice as long as the others. It is perplexing how random some of the growth is.
I attempted (breathe, grandmothers, breathe) to cut his hair last night while Josh fed him dinner. That lasted for about twenty seconds...too much trepidation of stabbing him on my part. So, we discussed taking him to an actual barber. I am not sure about that either. It seems so official; like he will no longer be a baby if he has been to the barber.
There are those kiddie places that have deluxe chairs in the shapes of planes, flowers, and trains. I think they get to watch cartoons while some lady trims up the hair. However, these places (last time I checked) charged like eighteen dollars. Seems a bit much to me for ten random hairs.
I am confident that I am alone on this, but I find it nothing short of revolting that people keep a "lock of the baby's hair" for baby books. I had no intention of keeping any of Hudson's hair until Josh's facial expression towards my lack of sentimentality made me feel like the hunter who offed Bambi's mother. So I kept a small bit-- all I really cut anyway-- and reluctantly taped it in his book. It will gross me out every time I look at it, I am sure.
We have family pictures next week and I really don't want to look at them for the next fifty years and think that my son looked like a vagabond. So, I ponder what to do...
1 comment:
Here is my suggestion and what I did before Roddick received his first hair CUT: I used a pair of scissors I found in his baby "first aid" kit (brush, comb, toothbrush, medicine measure-er, etc); the scissors were blunted so I didn't feel quite as nervous. Then I snipped away the crazy random hairs flowing over his ears. I gave him his toothbrush to chew on while I QUICKLY snipped -I'm pretty sure he didn't notice. Good luck! And just to gross you out further, I keep Roddick's lock of hair in a pretty porcelain box with a proud display of "First Curl" painted on top. :)
Post a Comment