Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Popsicles for Pain

I am starting to feel like a broken record, but Hudson is cutting three more teeth. Two have pierced the gums and the third, well, I have no idea. Trying to look in Hudson's mouth is like trying to give a cat a bath. He might be little, but he is really strong! (and strong-willed, shocker) Once these are officially through, he will have eight.

In effort to do something for him other than medications, I dug into the deep freeze for the summertime favorite: Popsicles. His reaction was priceless. His face said, "Is this acceptable? Really?" He was absolutely in love with the whole concept. I already had him pool-ready, so once it was all gone, he just went in for a splash to get unsticky. Everyone was happy, especially all the ants of our general area.

Speaking of animals (since I have already mentioned two in this post), it needs to be noted that Hudson's first real word, in my opinion, is "dog". Although he babbles many things and says "dadadada" to everything including me and the ceiling fan, he accurately says "doh" to every dog in our neighborhood.

Stop by if you are in our neck of the woods for a Popsicle and feel free to bring your dog.

No comments: