Writing last blog, I was at wit's end. I broke out the baby books and research and decided that crying it out worked the first time (pre-standing days), so surely it would work again.
Last night contained some of the most horrible and precious moments of mothering thus far. Hudson cried for one hour and twenty minutes stopping every 15 minutes when I would come in, reposition him, and soothe. We had prepared ourselves well; bed was on its lowest notch; paci was clipped on within easy reach. The crying, though, was heartbreaking. I need to thank mama friend Sarah for texting me through it!
Finally, silence. I gave him a moment to get into "good" sleep and snuck into his room. There he SAT at the end of the crib closest to the door with Mr. Giraffe on his lap. Hudson was bent all over forward and sleeping. Right where he had given in, surrendering to sleep. It took my breath away. So sweet! So precious! I laid him on his back and he slept "like a baby" all night and woke up happy this a.m.
Just twenty minutes ago, I took him in for his nap. We did the standard routine, and as always, although he was nearly asleep on my shoulder, he was up and crying by the time I left the room. I decided to give him five minutes and came in here to start typing this blog. Amazingly, he was silent within those five minutes. Between writing paragraphs above, I crept into his room and there he was...asleep sitting up. I risked it all and took this picture.
This time Mr. Giraffe was casually tossed aside and he actually had his head resting on the mattress.
My son, the yoga master, flexible as Jane Fonda, learns to sleep on his own.
2 comments:
Stubborn little guy, isn't he?
Glad you are getting a little peace and quiet now :)
Those cries are heartbreaking. You guys were so strong and look at him now.
Post a Comment