While I have been eating my words, Hudson has been entertaining to watch eat. He is almost completely on table food. I have a few Gerber food jars around for when we eat something forbidden for him (like shrimp) or when we go out to dinner. He would be fine with restaurant food, but it just takes too long. You don’t realize that it takes so long to get your order until you have your 11 month old waiting on the meal. He is ready to eat when we are seated and not a second later. When I was investigating daycares on the state website, I saw many were penalized for not having the kids’ food ready when they sat down. This is an actual citation, “Children waited more than 2 minutes at the table before afternoon snack was served in the Monkeys room”. I thought that was pretty silly, but last night’s meal at our fav restaurant reminded me that a bunch of hungry, squawking kids could turn into a mutiny if given too much waiting time.
My favorite Hudson food move has to be running his fingers through his hair after eating with his fingers. His crusty hair has resulted in countless baths, which he loves, and might just be the cause of the new performance. This is much better than his other character move of taking food out of his mouth to re-examine it after a couple of bites. One day he will be a fine dining companion. I am not lying.
No comments:
Post a Comment