Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Have you seen my Hudson?

We took an extended weekend to go visit the world’s largest collection of Hudson automobiles which just happens to be located in northern Indiana. Who knew? With production of the automobile from 1909 to 1954, the evolution of styles and technology was really interesting. I took a nice group of pictures of the hood ornaments, emblems, bumpers, and everything else that said "Hudson". I tried to take some arty pics with our little camera. It didn't work out, but you get the idea.






















It was a really wonderful collection and we will surely go back when Hudson is older. He had a much better time than he appears to here.










While doing the navigation from Shipshewana to Auburn, I realized that we would be very close to the town of Hudson, Indiana, so we drove through it on our way to our hotel. It is really a speck of a town, but emblazoned with signs with little man's name. I like this church's stained glass and this clock on the main street.







The next day we went to the Auburn Cord Duesenberg Automobile Museum. They did not have any Hudson cars, hence our Hudson was much less interested.

I forgot to pack any bottles for our nights away. So, accidentally, Hudson no longer takes a bottle now before bed. They are all washed, dried, and packed away to go up to the attic waiting for our next garage sale or little baby Duesenberg...whichever comes first.

1 comment:

sportsmom1017 said...

Too cute - we really need to get together. Just for the record, I hope you have a new little Chevy before a garage sale! :)