
My neighbors love the Fourth of July. Each night there are some pretty heavy fireworks celebrations and between the explosion of bottle rockets and black cats I get pretty stressed out that the baby is going to wake up and never (ever) get back asleep. The other night --probably the actual 4th--I was just shaking my head at the noise and thought, "For Pete's sake, what time is it anyway????" Um....it was *only* ten o'clock. I started to feel pretty sorry for all the years where I was the one up at some crazy hour like 10:00 p.m. setting off fireworks unknowingly keeping someone’s baby awake. So for that I apologize.
Life is stressful making decisions about childcare/quitting my job/thinking about the future, and when I get tense I tend to get obsessed about all sorts of things. My mind is in overdrive. Lately I guess I have been feeling guilty. (This is probably me feeling guilty about not knowing what is best for my own silly life!) But out of this stress, I started thinking of other (some serious, some dorky) apologies I have and here they are:
I apologize for anytime I saw a new mother and secretly questioned the last time she showered. Now I realize getting showering and applying makeup and doing your hair is quite the luxury.
I apologize to all the Hollywood movie starts who are making great films which I will surely not be able to sit and watch without falling asleep for another couple of years.
I apologize to those cute shoes I have which I never can wear again because in my pregnancy--for some reason--my feet grew a half a size permanently larger.
I apologize for being so absent minded. I used to laugh at my "mommy mush-brain" but seriously! I can not remember anything. It takes me forever to finish a thought!
I apologize to my body. I knew a cesarean would be rough, but I thought my stomach would have forgiven me by now.
I apologize to Josh for making him talk about our future options every single night for the past week. (I love you forever for it.)
I apologize to Hudson for not making this decision with ease. My teaching career was such a big part of who I was before you came around, Buddy, and I am just not sure I am ready to leave it forever.
Ooohhh, I feel better!!! I apologize, readers, for this blogging therapy, but it improved my attitude greatly!
3 comments:
Don't apologize....I loved it!! :)
I don't think you need to apologize either ;)
I'm saying some prayers for you, I'm sure you will make the right decision.
(I can't say that you won't ever look back and wonder though...)
Whatever you decide to do Hudson will be taken care of and LOVED and HE WILL KNOW IT.
Molly
Post a Comment