Monday, August 23, 2010

Crap Packin

Leaving your child requires a lot of preparation. Emotionally you have to get mentally ready for the separation. I have not slept in weeks thinking of ridiculous scenarios that will never transpire. I am trying to work in as many extra squeezes and stories as I can hoping that somehow I will have a reserve of Hudson love to tap into during our time apart. Actually leaving him will be heartbreaking.
People keep telling us we need to take a trip just Josh and I. (And by people--I mean grandmas.) Thus far we really don't want to go anywhere without him! People are funny about leaving their kids. I have a girl friend who works 40 hours a week, with her two kids in daycare, and yet she has never left her children overnight. Other girlfriends are much more blase about it. But as we have figured out, to each their own.
But in reality, the packing seems to be --at this point-- even more overwhelming. For weeks, I have been making lists, organizing, and compiling everything little man requires for a four day stint at grandma's. Seriously, from teething medicines to pack-n-play sheets, how much crap can one little dude require?

It appears a lot.

2 comments:

mistymadisonjo said...

Bless you. Enjoy your time. It is difficult, I know, but it is a vacation from your JOB!

Anonymous said...

from experience he probably won't even need 1/4 of what you pack for him and even then there is more than likely one or two retail places open 24 hours, so don't stress about it. Remember that even though he obviously will miss his mom and dad, that he will probably also love the 'vacation spoiling' by grandma and grandpa