1. Upon waking his morning I went into get Hudson. I thought he might be up because I had heard him talking, but then there was unnatural silence. So, I walk in and he is awake, lying on his back in bed, completely stretched out, with his hands folded behind his hands. It was as if he was in a tanning bed or something. I cracked up.
2. Getting little man dressed usually includes a quantity of Johnson and Johnson’s lotion. (Yes, I still use it and will until I stop loving it so or when he goes to college~whichever comes last.) For whatever reason, Hudson likes putting this through his hair—gel like. Today he felt that his dinosaur needed some lotion, so that had to be done. Made me laugh.
3. Hudson likes to hide. Under blankets. Behind the blinds. In a stack of pillows. Today he did on our couch that before we left for the pool. Hilarious that he does not think that I can see him if he can’t see me.
4. Pretty sure that his father taught him this one, but when Hudson throws a ball towards his basketball hoop and doesn’t make it, he will say, “Misssssssss.” Well, his new thing is to instead say, “Almost,” which sounds like, "aw-mosssse." As we barrel out of the car towards the city pool, he throws his Hot Wheels car back inside. It doesn’t make it, and he looks up at me and says, “Almost.” So cute.
| He climbed up on the table and was contemplating jumping off. |
All this super cuteness is coupled with some pretty irrational crankiness. I say irrational because it is accurate, but I also think it is hightened by the current socially acceptable way of dealing with your 23 month old. The new trend in parenting is all about diversion. If your kid is having a meltdown or into something unacceptable, we are just suppose to introduce something else. Doing this makes your kid seem completely bi-polar as they go from SCREAMING they can't have more cookies to be entirely entertained and laughing watching the chicken dance you are now doing. As if toddlers don't already have enough wackiness, now we perpetuate it by taking them from the swingset and redirecting them to, "Oh look--a butterfly!" Just today Hudson went all "limp, screaming toddler" on me because I needed to change his stinky diaper so I started roaring like a lion. He quickly exploded with laughter.
Something tells me he finds me way more wacky and funny than I find him.
2 comments:
Oh I could have written this blog myself :o)
Some days I swear you were in my house writing about Spencer. LOL. Birthdays are less than a week away! Yippee
Post a Comment