Then the next 24 hours happened.
Hudson appears to be a little out of sorts returning to the land of rules, others people’s agendas, and limited supplies of a collection of ideals I will refer to as “everything the little prince wants.” Funny how my memory allowed me to only focus on the sweet, docile little boy I *thought* I left and didn’t permit me to recognize the demanding, assertive toddler I actually traveled away from. Whether he was this way when we left him OR whether four days of meeting his every whim developed this side of his personality is yet to be determined.
Regardless-- one thing is for certain: Hudson has learned the one truth I quickly ascertained in my own life: East or west, grandmas is best.
![]() |
| Mama and baby moose |
Throughout our trip everyone asked, “How are you doing?” and my answer was always the same. Of course I missed Hudson, but the morning I drove him to his grandparents’ house I had a noteworthy “ah-ha” moment which allowed me to enjoy my time away. My Granny and Geeky were the most significant people in my life during my childhood. It is nothing short of appropriate that my little man gets to spend time with all of his grandparents alone and apart from us. He is blessed to have six wonderful adults who all will provide “everything the little prince wants."
Yet, as we all know, you eventually have to leave Grandma’s house and the sweet position of being the king (or queen).

4 comments:
Cute!! Home Sweet home!! Nothing like it!!
I bet Grandma is tired!!
So So true! I love having my grandkids here and as always the rules change "a bit!" Charlie and Amanda are great parents and my grand babies are great kids! Nice blog and so perseptive. I hope you are having a great time even if it is away from your little man.
actually this is from Tish!
Grandmas are the best. Extra candy, cake, pepsi and hugs.
Post a Comment