Friday, October 1, 2010

ADHD

Hudson cracked me up today. I was putting groceries into the fridge and he told me that he wanted "cottage cheese and peanuts". The specificity of his request is really a tribute to where he is these days. Yesterday, he woke up from his nap crying. I went in to retrieve him from bed and he told me, “I need to eat.” And eat he did! He finished an entire can of Beefaroni all by himself. Of course, it appears that he wore about half the sauce.

My brain is a bit of a mush right now. I have about 100 different thoughts –all of which could be a blog of there own. But—alas—I do not have that kind of time. So here is a bit of an update on many levels.

Hudson pooped on the potty for Grandma Harris this week. Why is it more horrible to wipe the butt of a toddler who is standing than one who used a diaper? (I promise not to write more about this.)

I am signing to edit another book. That plus eight photography jobs in October officially allows me to correct anyone who calls me a stay at home mom.

Yesterday I purchased a new camera lens that cost more than a mortgage payment and less than my first car. But very much in the middle. Too much in the middle. If this was an audioblog, you would hear the stress and excitement this purchase provides. Bring on the all the new photo jobs!

That said, I am worried about balancing all of these things and will happily accept baby sitting services from anyone who wants to hang out with a super cool little man under three feet tall.

We have had a huge setback with our kitchen remodel. I am mandating a vacation for the first of the year for all of us. My only requirements are a beach and an airplane.

Hudson brought home his first piece of artwork from preschool. Can I frame it? Would that be overboard? Or just very Heather?

Speaking of preschool, this week was much better, but, of course, I was the room mom. The teacher is very nurturing and it was fantastic to see what they do personally. Naturally I am nervous about how next week goes.

Rocking little man is now a moment to be cherished. He immediately is ready for bed after books. Last night he woke up at 4:00 a.m. complaining of teeth pain and let me rock him for awhile. It was fantastic.

Ahhhh...all that is now out of my brain and part of little man's babyblogbook. Mama is ready for the weekend! Hope you are too....
Cottage cheese and peanuts. Don't knock it until you try it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love the cottage cheese and peanuts picture...don't know what it is but he looks so much older in that one!!! Carmen