I am genuinely impressed with Hudson’s mechanical knowledge. Lately his little engineer brain entertains and shocks both Josh and I. How many just-over-two year olds know the difference between a wrench, hammer, screwdriver, saw, drill, etc.? How many come and get their parents from the other room to show them their dump truck’s “flat tire, Dada”? How many will flip their Little Tykes plastic car onto its side, get down on the ground with a screwdriver and “fix it”?
Hudson definitely inherited Josh’s mechanical brain. He spent a good chunk of time at the pumpkin patch’s playground messing with the engine in the fake tractor versus driving the tractor like all the other kids. Every night he wants to pound in this one nail we have in our wall with nothing hanging from it. It cracks me up.
All kids have “their thing” and transportation and all things that require tools is our little man’s. Once we get through our kitchen and bedroom remodels, I have decided to make this the theme of Hudson’s big boy room. But that …is months from now. I figure if I wait long enough, Hudson can help me put his bed together.
2 comments:
Ahhh...an engineer's brain should not go to waste. A post that is so familiar in my own house. Our boys are destined to be exactly like their Daddy's :o)
yes, it is genetic. HEHEHE - Madiosn has inherited her dad's brain. Spencer has just decided a master of throwing fits and balls.
Post a Comment