Monday, October 25, 2010

Mr. Bossy

Over the past couple of weeks Hudson's speech has noticeably improved. He comes up with words and phrases that I know he didn't hear from me. (And that is just the cussing.) With all this speech development comes a new personality trait: bossiness. He loves to tell us what to do. Sometimes it is awful cute and sometimes it is just awful. Sunday night the three of us were all playing in his room and I decided to write down some words and phrases that he said. Here are my notes:

1. Ahhhhh, a Cummins! (Hudson, thanks to Grandma Harris, now thinks all trucks are Cummins like Dada made.)
2. I tackle you!

3. Oops-a-daisy! (I love this one. He says this all the time.)

4. Dada's button is yucky. (While wrestling with Josh and blowing raspberries on his stomach this came up. I will leave the remainder of that story up to your imagination.)

5. Good catch. (He says this to you and to himself.)
6. Wooom! Look I racing. (The boy loves his cars.)

7. Dada, sit by me Hudson. (See, cute and bossy!)

8. Car got hurt and truck have flat tire.


9. I not pooped. I peed. (Ahhh, too much information.)

10. No, Mama, I not tired. I play trucks. (Which sounds more like, "No, Mama, I not tiwurd. I pay tucks!")

All this talking still has me a little bit puzzled. I wonder what his voice will sound like as a little boy and as a man. Right now, he doesn't talk loud and long enough for me to know. Something tells me, at this rate, I will know by Christmas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want him to say "Dinner with Lori!" Call me - we need to get together.