Friday, October 22, 2010

Let there be light- updated


Before our "punkins" rot, I thought I better take a picture of them. Hudson wants me to "fire" them up everyday when we go out for a walk. Of course he knows the word "light", but I am amused he opts for "fire"--it is so much more boyish. (Note to self: Next year do not be so anxious on the carving because these two will never last through next Halloween!)

Tonight when I snagged this picture, I couldn't help but be overwhelmed by the gorgeous sunset light. Since I am not a farmer, I can say this weather has been absolutely perfect.  I never thought I would be shooting so much outside this late in the year. The filtered glow on Hudson's face made him look even cuter.
As we prepared Hudson for bed, I tried to take off two of his shirts at the same time. This was a mistake. His super cute, but oversized head caused the shirt to be stuck on his head, over his eyes. Hudson said, "Where's Huh-son?" with a sincere cadence of total fear in his voice. He likes the light.



Update at 2:36 p.m. Friday:
I wrote that last line rather tongue in cheek as I posted this at one in the morning. As I was headed to bed, Hudson was crying. I went in to see what was wrong. He said, "Too dark. Mama's bed. So cozy." Little booger! Did he know I was writing about him and light???

2 comments:

Christine Joy said...

I see so maturing in his face. Give him some big GAC kisses for me.

mistymadisonjo said...

He is the cutest Punkin!