My formerly mentally stable and gallant Josh developed an irrational fear of spiders after Hudson was born. With a degree of intensity beyond my understanding, Josh views every spider—from the small garden variety to the aggressive Hobo—as a creature which is vying desperately to get into Hudson’s crib and to eat his face off.
I appreciate the extra spider-barriers which have been added to my home. Likewise, having a man on spider-patrol does add a sense of security to my sleep. However, this has been a long year in that I am not permitted to kill any eight legged creature I spy. Instead I am told to catch it and jar it. This is so my logical man can take the little one down to the Purdue extension office and have it identified. Seriously.
Yesterday I had the opportunity to watch Hudson’s buddy Vivi for an hour or so and invited his other buddy KK over to have some Halloween spider fun. The kids colored spiders and wore spider rings and even put on spider hats that Sarah and I made for them. (I didn’t think the hot glue gun would make that craft kid-friendly.) So here they are: Three 3 foot tall spiders, in our home, just as cute as they can be!
I love you, Hudson! And I love you too, my Hardy Boy Joshie. Thanks for letting me write about you for a change.
3 comments:
You must have had to find a big jar for those spiders! I hope Purdue deemed them cute and adorable and just set them free :o) Seriously, LOVE the hats.
Love it! Seriously, they all looked adorable.
Macey stole my line :) I have to say that's a very clever way of getting Josh to get over his spider heebie jeebies.
Post a Comment