Monday, October 11, 2010

That's not my kitten

We have a cat.

Kinda. Sorta.
Not really.

Just don't tell Hudson. He thinks the neighborhood gypsy cat is ours. Natural assumption, since the animal spends 85% of its day shedding fur all over our patio cushions. Much to Josh's chagrin, this vagabond likes our driveway, flowerbeds, and patio immensely. (Josh is allergic to just about anything that meows or barks.) Hudson loves his little furry pal and spends a decent amount of his day talking about the cat, petting the cat, pulling the cat's tail, chasing the cat around the yard, or telling me the cat wants inside.

I like the feline. He/she (hmmmm?) reminds me of Greg and Marsha, my beloved brother/sister cats I exchanged for said husband in 2004. I don't break out into sneezing hysterics at the sight of the animal, and I like to sit out on the patio to watch the antics of the squirrels who like to torment the poor cat. But most of all, I like to watch Hudson get nose-to-nose to discuss hot topics with the animal.

2 comments:

mistymadisonjo said...

Has Hudson "told on the cat" when it does something bad? That is normal around here with Spencer and the dogs. Kinda funny.

Every Day is an Adventure said...

We had a neighborhood cat like this in Granger. His name was "Bob Dole" and we knew where he belonged...he just liked our driveway and patio better than his own. I think it was because Rachel brushed, fed, and spoiled him. She loved it when he would come meowing to our patio door every morning and was heartbroken if he didn't come visit. Best kind of pet to have...