Did you think I had fallen off the face of the Earth? Well, I did. Kinda. The Earth now spins on a new axis. I want to start my brain rambling by thanking my amazing husband for the past six days. I would be a big puddle of ...(enter the most pathetic thing you can think of, my post-pregnancy brain is mush)...without his love, help, bossiness, careful watching, midnight assistance, hugs, and unconditional compliments. He is the most fantastic man I have ever met. I love you, Joshie. If you have missed reading about my crazy mothering life, then please thank the arrival of my in-laws as I now have one less child to manage and can write this blog.
![]() |
| Significance: Tucker's first photograph |
Where to begin?
C-sections are complicated enough and knowing you are going in for one is off the charts, but we all made it through (despite delays like being sent back home!!!) and the painful recovery at the hospital. Tucker arrived looking so much like his big brother it was uncanny. He is a different baby though. Much sleepier. Much hungrier. Much more loved (as we have the same family but his big brother's adoration has to be added in)!
![]() |
| First family picture |
Recovering now at home is difficult. The first night was pretty intense. At 3 a.m. all four of us were in one bed and three of us --okay, all four of us-- were crying. I have had more complications than I would like. And Hudson has been demanding of many more "hold you" moments than I could have anticipated. But, alas, I will get this figured out...one day.
Right now, I am just impressed I was able to 1. get the computer turned on 2. type an entire page of sentences with appropriate grammar 3. not have someone crying or needing me (CUE: Tucker crying!)
Pictures to satisfy your curiosity. Please visit and let me give you a kid to hold.
![]() |
| Self Portrait at 2 a.m. |
![]() |
| Sigh. I love this. |
![]() |
| Rocking the hospital stay. |
<><>
>
>> |
<>>>
| You gotta love the faces that people make back to babies. |
![]() |
| My life now. Two kids on my lap. |
3 comments:
Congrats! He looks adorable and you will figure it out...it gets easier (I think)...or I just drink more coffee :) Good luck!
I so wish I could come visit and hold a kid for you! Or at least let Ayden's craziness entertain one kid for you while we both hold our little peanuts :o) I can't really say it gets easier, but you will get into a routine and get used to having two demanding your attention. You're doing great, you'll be feeling back to normal soon, and just think of all the amazing and wonderful times you have ahead of you with two beautiful little boys!
Keep chugging,... I know you will get it down. You are an amazing mother. Congratulations!
Post a Comment