Thursday, July 21, 2011

New Information

Hudson is learning so much important stuff these past few days. He now knows about breast pumps, umbilical cords, and why Vaseline is needed for circumcision healing. You know, typical stuff for a nearly three year old! Honestly, he is taking all these changes in stride. If Tucker cries for more than a couple of minutes he will tell me to go feed him. If he is close enough, he will pat my boobs as he directs me to my task.

My new favorite thing (after our first family car outing to Tucker's one week appt) is to listen to Little Man narrate to Mister T the drive. "Bumps! Big bumps! Bumps!" he will say. I am amused that he also will talk to Tucker for several minutes maintaining both ends of the conversation. "Hi, Baby Tucker." "Hello Hud-sen."
Chattiness...yeah, he gets that from me.

We are all surviving here. People keep telling me I look like I am doing fantastic. Well, I have not had to cook in over a week, my baby sleeps all the time, and I am on pretty awesome pain killers. Three magical treatments which will surely end within the next couple of days, so I am trying to just enjoy the ride.

Tucker received his first bath today. I can so tell this is my second child. I bet Hudson had four baths by this time in his life. The one thing I have not done is make time for his first photo shoot with mama. I took just 10 minutes worth of pictures so I could piece together a birth announcement and that is all. The feet picture was something I dreamt up months ago and absolutely love. I am pretty confident a big ole 20x30 will be over our couch or bed soon enough. You just can not get enough of baby feet. Tomorrow is Hudson & Dada day --so maybe I will work a real photoshoot in-- between eating, naps, and pain killers.

2 comments:

Christine Joy said...

I'm so happy for you! Sweet family memories.

Christina said...

What cute 'lil feet!! :) :)