I will not be taking technology --beyond my camera, which is more like family-- to the hospital. So, do not anticipate a post during birth. Sadly, I mean that exactly how I wrote it. A "Facebook friend" of mine pretty obsessively updates the world of her status hourly and during the recent birth of her son she literally had a status of, "I AM at 9 CM!!!" While sweet (and probably real) friends were applauding her um....readiness, I just wanted to post: "TMI. And put the computer DOWN." But I didn't and instead just "hid' her from my world.
Our society has really changed with regards to privacy, hasn't it? There is no doubt that if the pendulum continues to swing as it has been, web-cams will the norm in the delivery room long before Hudson and Baby have their children. Everyone can watch the live birth of friends and relatives children as easily as they can flip on CNN today. Honestly, the whole thing makes me a little nauseous.
I suppose my attitude is a little surprising since I do write a public --for now-- blog and maintain a Facebook account. Yet, I value my privacy more than most and am pretty confident that I have yet to reveal anything about myself that you would not figure out within five minutes of having a real conversation with me.
So, one day this week, I will be busy with birthing a baby. An update will not be found on here or FB until we get back home. You will know he is here the old fashioned way: a nice little text message. (Ha. I hope you are laughing at that.)
No comments:
Post a Comment